Sunday, March 8, 2009

Let Go of a Past Love & Find New Love Using Meditation


We all must learn to let go at some point in our lives, since nothing is permanent. Letting go of a certain past relationship has always been especially hard for me. I realized it was a problem when a couple years went by and I still had not found anyone, and was unable to move on. I was terribly unhappy because I was holding on to the hope that I would reunite with him in the future.  I realized my unhappiness was a result of my inability to live in the present moment.  I was so focused on the past and the future that I was not enjoying myself in day to day life. I was not creating or pursuing new relationships, which was really unhealthy for me.

One of my yoga instructors said during class that sometimes when we try to force ourselves into a certain pose, our body reacts by tensing up, making the pose more difficult. She said that sometimes we have to let go, and just let the body do what it wants. She said sometimes when we try to hold on to something really tightly, we chase it away even further from ourselves, on and off the mat.

When trying to let go of a past love, I've found that it helps to write down in a journal all the wonderful things you loved about this person, and all the things that were problematic and led to the demise of the relationship. After writing this, it helps to make a list of all the qualities of an ideal soulmate. I did these things at the suggestion of a book called "Love Will Find You: 9 Magnets to Bring You and Your Soulmate Together" by Kathryn Alice. The suggested exercises in the book are a form of meditation in my opinion, since you are first letting go of any past loves you are holding on to, and then focusing your energy on your future soulmate. Believe it or not, within a month of reading the book and doing the suggested exercises, I met a wonderful person who I am now dating! This is the first person I've really liked since the relationship I was unable to let go of and has all the qualities on the list I made!

Once you let go and open your heart to love, love really will find you!  :)  And what a wonderful feeling it is!!!  

Have you or are you having a similar experience?  I'd love to hear about it.  

Namaste.


No comments: